that's a good way to put it. Remember that it's not like I run around with my camera ready to take video at a moments notice and it was early, so I was moving a bit slow - point is that this had been going on for some time prior to me recording this event.
Wednesday - Travel We left Dulles on Tuesday at 6pm and landed in Nice on Wednesday morning at 8:30am. A bit of difficulty figuring out the car rental location and navigating to terminal 2. Eventually figured it out, got our car and drove to Port Lympia. dropped Suzi at the AirBNB with the luggage and went to parking. There is a 5 level parking garage underground in the port. My job was to assemble the bike and so I got to work on that to get it out of the way. Somehow one of the headset bolts got stripped and I ended up having to go down to the bike shop and get a new bolt. We walked down to the port and went to the bike shop "Eat Sleep Bike". It was one of the shops Joe recommended, so I texted him letting him know we were at the shop not knowing that he lives directly above the shop and he came down to say hi. The guy at the shop found a new bolt and we were good to go. Thursday - Trail Run and more Travel Woke up Thursday morning...
When Jeannie was in grade school, people asked her the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" She says that question was annoying to her and so she would answer "A Hermit". Little did those folks know that she was right. Jeannie lives on Uganik Bay in remote Kodiak Island, Alaska with no power, no running water and no neighbors aside from the occasional Bears who have discovered her Rasberry Garden. Jeannie was our cook and she didn't mind us poking around her place, so we did the short hike down the coast of the Bay to her place and took some pictures. Chris, Jeannie's friend with a plane was visiting. A 6 foot chain fence surrounds the property to protect from the bears. It's the little things that matter - a flower box. quite an elaborate garden and greenhouse. cabbage Rasberry and Gooseberry Bushes and View of the house. Lots of amenities here for such a remote location.
got some good miles in over the past 2 days...depending on your definition of 'good' We spent Thanksgiving at Suzi's parents place in Milton, PA and I ate too much like everyone should on Thanksgiving. Actually, I ate an entire 1/2 of a pumpkin pie, each piece with whipped topping. So, as it has become ritual, I decided to go out on a long ride the day after Thanksgiving. Danville is about 15 miles to the East of Milton and separated from Milton by Montour Ridge, over which there are several paved and gravel roads. So, I found my way to Bald Top (a residential section of the ridge overlooking Danville) and descended down the hill into my old stomping ground. I always find it quite nostalgic to take this ride. As I descended into town, I immediately came upon my old high school, which started me thinking about how I might best enjoy my trip down memory lane and I came up with an idea. I decided to ride sequentially from my elementary school, to Junior High, to Senior...
Comments